Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Sunday 2 March 2008

I'm writing this from Sandra's computer again, which means I can't upload photographs yet. I'm going to do my best to find an internet cafe today so that I can post them, as I have some really good ones - including one of a sign saying, 'Penguins Crossing' :)

We had an excellent day yesterday. The weather didn't look very promising in the morning, so we decided to go for a drive round the bay, which yielded some pretty spectacular views. It was super-windy when we got out of the car for a better look - so much so that I was leaning right back just to stay upright! Guess I know now why they call it 'windy Wellington'! After a bit more of a drive, we were heading towards Mount Victoria when we came across a festival in a bit of Wellington called Newtown. Never able to resist free music, funky stalls and festival food, we got out, and ended up spending the whole afternoon there. It was pretty great. We saw an excellent New Zealand band called the Phoenix Foundation. I'm going to try and pick up some CDs of theirs, so if I do, and also if I find a better internet connection somewhere, I'll upload a song so you can hear them. I also bought some funky jewellery, including some earrings made of silver and copper from a local designer.

In the evening, we just has time to run back and get changed before heading out to Sandra's parents' house for dinner. The food was excellent, and it was fun to meet her family, who all seemed really nice. We stayed awake until about 8.30pm and then had to leave. Probably got to bed about 9pm... which was a 2 and a half hour improvement on yesterday - it's getting better! I woke up around 1am for a while, but then went back to sleep until about 7.45am. Definitely feeling better (apart from the sunburn we all have from our impromptu lying in the sun festival activities yesterday).

No comments: