Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Wednesday 30 July 2008

Soooooo hot


So hot today (see the shiny face) that of course the cat wants to sit on me and purr for hours. Furry hot cat... just what you want when it's over 25 degrees :)

Played our last second team match on Monday, and we won 20-4, which guarantees that we win the league and get promoted. Yay!!! Alice and I only dropped two sets in the whole league, so we're feeling pretty good.

Back down to earth last night when we were asked to step in and play for the first team in their last match. We played at Campden Hill, which is a fantastic club in Holland Park (you can imagine the swankiness... and the waiting list to join), and their team was REALLY good. We got spanked 24-0, and my only consolation was that Alice and I actually managed to get more games than the other two first team couples (12 for us, 10 and 6 for them - sheesh).

A day with no matches today so I even got to have a non-miniscule lunch (yummy bread and cheese and serrano ham and sunblushed tomatoes) from the deli, and a large glass of wine. 

Trying to write a chapter for a book on 'pop culture responses to 9/11'... but it's hard to think about it when it's so sunny outside :) My chapter is on Ani DiFranco's song/poem 'Self Evident' as feminist pop culture response. 

1 comment:

Tour Mistress Of The Darkness said...

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night!!! :) Sorry I've been negligent about my email, life's been a tad insane lately. Your kitty is getting so big!