Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Tuesday 23 September 2008

iTunes Genius Function

Surprisingly aptly named. It has already relieved me of money and time. I LOVE the 'playlist from your own library based on the song of your choice' aspect to it. I put in 'New Art For The People' by the Indelicates and it made me a playlist that followed that song up with:
Your Ex-Lover Is Dead - Stars
A&E - Goldfrapp
New Slang - Shins
Chasing Pavements - Adele
Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Wrecking Force - Voxtrot
BMFA - Martha Wainwright
etc etc... others included Feist, Arcade Fire, Placebo, The Cardigans.
Pretty good, no?

5 comments:

otter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
otter said...

Ha! Just the sort of thing LastFM has been doing for yonks.

Dazed and Confused said...

But now its shiny and applified.. you have to love shiny and applified.. or they take you away in the unmarked trucks!

Me... said...

iToons is the work of the devil and his horn-ed minions...can you tell I'm not a fan?

Mike said...

It's only as good as the library of the owner...

I still love that Indelicates record. It's so rare that I'm still listening to something months after release, but here we are! They're playing at Metro in London on October 18th, by the way...