Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Tuesday 10 February 2009

Films

So far this year, I have seen:

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
The Women
The Duchess
Rachel Getting Married
Doubt
Milk
Gran Torino
The Wrestler
Revolutionary Road
He's Just Not That Into You
The Reader

Been putting off 'Benjamin Button' due to the constant comparisons with 'Forrest Gump' (my least favourite movie of all time), but am trying to do a pretty clean Oscars sweep, so should go. Anyone seen it and liked it? Also, will drag myself to Vicky Cristina Barcelona... although I have Woody Allen issues.

I loved 'Revolutionary Road'. There is a breakfast scene in it that is scarier than any scene from a horror movie. I thought Kate Winslet was amazing. I hope she wins the Oscar in recognition of both performances (though I also loved Anne Hathaway's 'Rachel').

Oscar thoughts?

No comments: