Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Monday 23 November 2009

More movies, more waiting

Clearly the last stage of pregnancy is characterised by being enormous...and sitting around. I'm too big and uncomfortable to do anything, but too not-catatonic to do nothing. So I end up doing things that either make me very tired through having to leave the house and walking, or things that only involve sitting on the sofa. Sigh. Apart from going to the pool and jacuzzi, which is a lifesaver, especially with the hell that is SPD.

Anyway, movies I have seen now include:

A Mighty Heart
2012
The Bucket List
hmm...I feel sure there are more

Marcus Brigstocke was very funny, and Dar Williams was as good and as lovely as always. Today and tomorrow I'm going to the O2 to see the tennis. Today, Nadal v Soderling and Djokovic v Davydenko, and tomorrow Del Potro v Verdasco and Murray v Federer. There's doubles as well, but I'll have to see how I am coping - if I'm too uncomfortable the plan is for me to go and lie down in the car for a bit with pillows and duvet. Sad, isn't it?

On Wednesday, the remainder (apart from a few tiny bits) of my Christmas shopping should be delivered, and I will be wrapping things in a fiendishly organised manner. Then there is nothing in the diary (apart from coffee and cake with my fellow suffering NCTers) until 30th November, which is the day the baby is supposed to arrive. HAHAHA. I highly doubt we will be seeing any baby action on that day, as only 5% of babies arrive on their due date, and 75% come later. But I am so damn uncomfortable, I will be trying everything I can to hurry things along by then. So far, I have heard that the following things help bring on labour:

Curry
Sex
Pineapple
Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
Champagne
Walking

Anyone know any more? I will be trying them all in various combinations (apart from the walking too much, as that is too painful). I'm already on the raspberry tea, as it's supposed to help anyway.


2 comments:

Tour Mistress Of The Darkness said...

woj was born early after his mother attended an air show -- all those sonic booms. So there's one we know works!!

deborah said...

hmm... clearly the Dar Williams show wasn't LOUD enough :)

Will see what noisy thing I can get up to!