Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Monday 16 November 2009

Well, well, well

PhD has been submitted, and baby is two weeks away (allegedly). I've spent the last couple of weeks trying (and mostly failing) to unwind and generally chill. To that end, I signed up for one month of Sky Sports and Sky Movies, which has meant access to the tennis Masters tournaments (and the ATP tour finals next week) and that I have watched a ton of movies. Also managed quite a few cinema trips. So in the last two weeks I have seen:

Up
The Men Who Stare At Goats
An Education
This Is It
The Other Boleyn Girl
27 Dresses
August Rush
Definitely Maybe
Made Of Honor
The Jane Austen Book Club
In The Name Of The Father

Planning to see 2012 and Harry Brown this week, and have another 20 movies or so sitting on my V+ box, waiting to be watched.

Have also managed to wade my way through some trashy novels, though am about to start the more worthy 'Suspicions of Mr Whicher'.

Other sociable pre-baby plans include: Dar Williams gig on Wednesday, Marcus Brigstocke on Thursday, two days of tickets for the ATP tour finals next week, and the Thea Gilmore show at Bush Hall, if baby has not made an appearance by 3rd Dec. However, I'm now feeling like I can't really do anything because I'm so enormous and everything hurts a lot, so I wouldn't be too disappointed if the baby were to turn up today and I could do none of this.

Once I've bought a new battery for my camera, which seems to have just stopped working, I will take some pictures of the nursery and post them, as the room is now ready, and it will probably never look so nice again :)

It was lovely to see loads of people on Friday night for my 'brief window of opportunity' party. I made the sort of food I will probably not have time to do for some time (I suspect that with a baby, putting tiny mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes and individual basil leaves onto cocktail sticks will not be high on the agenda), including my first foray into cupcakes, which were very successful and well-received. I have to say that I was fairly exhausted by the end of it though, and as such, I barely left the house all weekend.

I've got a few admin/work-type things to do today, and then I am going to start drinking raspberry leaf tea (it's supposed to hurry things along) in earnest.

No comments: