Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Wednesday 16 April 2008

Grr

Work hasn't gone particularly well today (annoying, as I thought I was on a bit of a roll). Still, I finished the Nick Hornby book I started last night, 'Slam'. It's aimed at teenagers, but is a pretty good read for anyone, I think. I've got tons of novels I want to read, and think I am going to start reading again, instead of feeling guilty because I'm not reading academic books.

The two books next on my list: 'South Of The River' by Blake Morrison, and 'A Complicated Kindness' by Miriam Toews. Gifts from Zoe and Louse respectively :)

And I really DO want a ragdoll kitten.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I read Slam too - I picked it up at the airport not realising it was for kids and thought it was actually very good.

Deborah said...

yes... I especially liked the 'answers from Tony Hawk's autobiography' aspect to it. Very sweet.