Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Wednesday 4 June 2008

Music Time

Gentle readers, I try to keep my promises. Someone who reads this blog correctly identified me in a photograph, and won a prize. Hard as it is to try and make a mix CD for someone who has almost everything, I'm hoping there's at least one new song among this lot. And for the rest of you... everyone's a winner - happy listening!

If this band had existed when I was 15, this song would have been on every mix tape I made for someone. I've played it to death since discovering these guys:

A fine, happy song for summer (when it comes). Please take note of excellent and not at all gratuitous use of the 'mouth trumpet':

Love this song. I'm a sucker for slightly self-deprecating lyrics sung in a slightly quirky accent:

Forget Martha, love her though I do, this is the female equivalent of Rufus Wainwright:

This is the most un-Regina Spektor like song Regina Spektor's ever done, and wouldn't be out of place over the final montage in an OC or Dawson's Creek soppy finale, but sometimes we all need a little cheese:

4 comments:

Me... said...

Bugger - can't download em from work.
Will have to keep till I get home.

Deborah said...

ha- well, let me know what you think :)

Me... said...

A fine selection of "top bangin' choons" there [oh yes I'm down with ver kids], my only complaint being that the Regina Spektor track seems to cut off at 2mins in.
Victoria Vox, I saw performing @ Trevor Raggert's house a couple of weeks ago - mouth trumpet & uke to the max.

Here's a little treat for you
http://www.divshare.com/download/4673604-9de

Deborah said...

oh! will check out regina and re-upload accordingly!