Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Thursday 27 August 2009

Quick update

James' birthday weekend in Suffolk was lovely. Perfect weather and lots of not-too-much to do. I have a couple of photos that I will put up soon...mainly of me mocking the countryside.

Yesterday we went to the New Forest for David's funeral. It was a very sad day, all in all, and we were pretty exhausted by the time we got home, after 11pm. Most odd moment probably goes to Mark Kermode introducing my unborn baby to someone but then forgetting to introduce me. Well, it's a first. And it was good to talk to him and Linda about work and films and all that. There was someone else from that Southampton film department as well, who was also really nice, and who sang 'Rhinestone Cowboy' (David's favourite!) at the end of the service.

Today, Alice and I are off to Greenbelt festival for the long weekend. I have packed nothing so had better stop rambling and get on with it...

No comments: