Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Tuesday 12 February 2008

bah

Didn't mean to leave quite such a long gap in between posts. In brief, the end of the other story:

I was walking home from tennis when a man cycled up behind me on the footpath and knocked my shoulder. Being English, of course, I immediately turned round and apologised. On doing this, I realised that the expression on his face was not one of reciprocal apology, but rather a somewhat disappointed and pissed off one, as he speedily buggered off up a side street. He had tried to knock and grab my bag as he cycled past - but I always keep a pretty good hold of my stuff - so had failed in his evil plan. I'd like to say I fought him off with my ninja skills, but there you go. Still, I think apologising to someone trying to mug you is particularly amusing :)

Played a very annoying tennis match last night. Alice and I won our first match 6-1, 6-3. So far, so normal. We lost the next set 6-4, which included me going for a wide shot and slipping on the court - therefore I now have massively skinned knees like a five year old in the playground. The injury gave me a big adrenaline boost and I started playing better, but unfortunately Alice and I didn't play well enough at the same time as each other to claw back that set. We were down in the second set, but making a major comeback when the floodlights went out and we had to stop and split the points. It means we get an overall win, but it was still pretty annoying. I had made chilli (which was good) but the rice didn't cook properly (as there was too much of it), which annoyed me even more. By the time we got to dessert, I just wanted to go home and lick my wounds (not literally, a: I'm not that flexible, and b: ew) so I got James to come and pick me up. I had a hot bath, but was still feeling like a five year old, so James put magic cream on my knees and read me a story from Winnie-the-Pooh. 

Hopefully today will be better. 

No comments: