Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Friday 15 February 2008

Valentine's Cheese

Valentine's day was a fun interlude from the work/tennis life. Started off the morning with a little present swapping and glass of bucks fizz, and then James kindly let me restore my bruised tennis ego by taking a 6-1, 6-2, 6-1 beating for the team :) I went to get my hair cut and coloured in the afternoon, which was nice, although god knows how they have the patience to do all the tiny little strands of colour - I nearly died of boredom looking at it, and I had a book with me. In the evening, we had the most amazing meal at Le Vacherin. Here's the menu. The baked cheese with almond and truffles was simply one of the best things EVER, and the chateaubriand was not too far behind. The melting chocolate dessert had to be eaten despite my being fuller than my in-tray. Also dining at the same time as us, just across the room, was Mark Lamaar and his giggling blonde stick-insect date, who must have been about twenty. I couldn't help feeling somewhat disappointed that someone who's obviously smart and likes good music was just out for a trophy shag. Still, maybe she has a beautiful soul, and I've totally misjudged the situation... perhaps in between the fragments of conversation I heard, they really were debating Blonde on Blonde vs Blood on the Tracks and the like. Hope they had fun anyway...

No comments: