Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Wednesday 20 February 2008

still awake, still going

Just had a break to play my final Hogarth box league match. I had beaten Wiebke 9-2, but lost to Alice 9-2 (still, more games than anyone else got off her!), so all to play for going into the final round. I felt reasonably confident, as Caroline had lost to Wiebke in a 9-8 tiebreak, however this confidence was misplaced. I hadn't counted on playing like an arse who couldn't get a first serve in, or hit any lines. Ho hum. We were tied at 6-6 when I managed to take two games in a row to be up 8-6. Caroline held her serve to take it to 8-7, but I finally managed to come through with a big first serve and a couple of decent forehands when it mattered to win 9-7. Means I comfortably stay in Box 1 anyway. And I'm having a lesson with Berj on Friday to see if I can't fix my groundstrokes.

Louse has very kindly agreed to put her editor's hat on for my chapter, so I'm going to stop working on that, apart from entering references, until I hear back from her, and hopefully finish it off once and for all tonight or tomorrow morning at 7am (in Starbucks of course!). After it's submitted, I never want to hear the words 'Little Britain' again. Ever.

I'm meeting up with my friend Stan tonight for a drink and some Thai food. Mmmmm....

No comments: