Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Thursday 7 February 2008

It's been a funny sort of day

The day started with a tennis match...playing for the Hogarth again with Charlotte as my partner. We were playing the Hartswood, which was funny, as all the Hogarth team are also members of the Hartswood. Still, we managed to put aside the notion that we were all traitors, and dished out a spanking. Charlotte and I won our first match 6-0, 6-1, and our second 6-0, 6-4. Anna and Gloria had a tough first match which they lost in the third set tiebreak 10-8, but came through to win their second match 6-3, 6-4.

This evening, Alice and I went to see 'In The Valley Of Elah'. Tommy Lee Jones was pretty good, but all in all, I thought the film was a little heavy-handed with its 'war dehumanises soldiers' approach. As Dan would say, anvilicious.

I was about to write the very British story of how I apologised to a man I then realised had been trying to mug me - but my Chinese takeaway has arrived, so I will have to leave you (I'm sure there are at least three people reading this) on the edge of your seats...

1 comment:

Mike said...

You can't tell half a story like that!