Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Tuesday 8 January 2008

organisation and food

Well, so far today I have managed to apply for my Australian visa, rewrite some of my chapter for that book, totally tidy my office, do my laundry and hang up all my clothes. And watch several episodes of season 3 Weeds and the first episode of season 5 L Word while doing so. I do like the L Word. I think it is deeply flawed in its attempts to be diverse, and I think the way it has dealt with bisexuality, butch identities and transgender issues is absolutely shocking. But there's still something about it. Maybe it's just the collection of very attractive women, or maybe it's just plain entertaining. Anyway, I will continue to watch and see...

I made a deliciously hot potato curry last night, and also a dessert using up various things from the kitchen including marscapone cheese, dark chilli chocolate, amaretto and bananas. mmm...
Tonight I was hoping to go to my favourite Indian restaurant in Balham, but it has been chucking it down most of the day, and as we were planning to go on the bike, this may not happen. Still, I'm in quite a happy cooking place at the minute. Got several recipe books in the sales, including Jamie Oliver and Rachel Allen, and there are several more things I'm looking forward to trying. Went for an old school Delia at the weekend, Basque Chicken (which conjures up very odd images for me every time I think of the name, but is delicious). It's a bit like a stew with rice, but the rice actually cooks in the stew - the liquid is mainly made up of white wine, which when mixed with the stock and the oil from the chorizo, makes it very sweet.

No comments: