Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Tuesday 1 January 2008

Happy New Year

Well, the tennis turned into a somewhat epic match, with Alice and I taking the first set from Andrew and Alex 6-3, but then losing the second and third 4-6, 0-6, almost taking it to a fifth set but in the end losing the fourth 5-7. I don't think anyone expected it to be as good as it was but there was some excellent tennis with everyone playing really hard. And it's good for Alice and I to get beaten sometimes as it gives us something to work on. I hope they'll play us again soon.

By the time we were done, the rest of my to-do list seemed like a distant memory, and all I could really think about was getting in a very hot bath with lots of the 'aching muscle super soak' that my mother prophetically provided for Christmas before my body totally seized up. Champagne, carbonara and Buffy followed, until about 10.30, when I insisted on a walk so that I didn't fall asleep before midnight. Managed to just see in the New Year, then fell asleep at about 12.03 :)

No comments: