Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Wednesday 30 January 2008

Spennymoor



Spennymoor. It's one of those places where everything's changed and nothing's changed. I guess what's changed is me. It certainly looks *smaller* now than I remember it - every time I see it I think this. I guess it's been 13 years since I actually lived there, and not much less since I stopped going there for anything. 

Two of my friends from those days are coming to stay this weekend, and I'm really excited to see them. We met up at Christmas and had a great time. I think it's going to be weird catching up on so many missed years of each others' lives... but there's something really great about being able to spend time with people who knew me that long ago. I don't think I remember a time when I didn't know Joanne, and I think Jude and I must have been friends since we were about 9... will have to ask her if that's right. 

I'm excited to show them where - who - I am now, and to hear their stories. I feel I should be apprehensive about whether or not we'll all still like each other... but somewhere, I seem to know that we will.

No comments: