Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Tuesday 29 January 2008

Who needs oxygen anyway?

Well, yesterday was frustrating health-wise, but excellent sports-wise! Spent the whole day pretty much struggling for breath, and did some work from the comfort of bed. Seeing as I won't get my chest x ray back for about a week, I decided there's no point worrying about it, and I might as well try and get on with everything. So, that in mind, I played my second Hartswood ladder match, against Simon. Simon is above Dominic - who I drew 6-6 (1-1) with - in the ladder, so I was slightly worried about getting a spanking. Fears seemed to be confirmed when I went 0-3 down in the first set, and I was thinking how nice it would be to get off the court and go back to bed. But then the pace increased and I started to hit better and was able to run him around a little more. I was pleased with how I played, despite hitting way more out than normal - but I think this is because I am going for more winners. Anyway... I managed to win that set 6-4, and then took the next 6-3. Yay!

1 comment:

otter said...

Yes very well played :)