Ph.Deborah

      staving off final year insanity with procrastination...

Friday 11 January 2008

virgin media finally does something right

Well, after a couple of weeks worth of customer service in which I was sorely tempted to offer each and every operative a banana, Virgin Media has finally supplied me with the product I asked for (next test: correct billing). Speedy internet - hurrah! Alice came over and fixed it up good and proper, and there are no problems so far. Indeed, the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy should be just a few moments away... not that I'll watch it before my lunch break of course (ahem)... ok maybe I'll have an early lunch.

On Wednesday night, a group of us went to see my friend Ben's band, The Jay Scott Project. They really were excellent and deserve to be snapped up very soon. Hopefully I'll see them again soon. They reminded me a bit of the first time I saw the Storys - tight memorable songs, and just an aura of 'this is the beginning of something bigger'. I've been wrong before (Jack Savoretti - why was your album so overproduced when you are SO DAMN GOOD live?!) but I have my fingers crossed that these guys get the success they deserve. Some of the other acts on were pretty good too. One half of an identical twin band 'Strawberry Blonde' - good songs, terrible name... think a Melissa (Ferrick or Etheridge, either would do) from Denmark. I also liked this band, although the singer could have done with a big shot of confidence to go with her voice. It's only fun if you enjoy it :)

Last night, Alice and I played squash, and she gave me some good pointers and a decent practice session. I'm still rubbish, but I have high hopes for becoming average at some point. Then a dip in the pool to cool off, followed by a Ground burger and the last episode of the Office before the writers' strike set in. Totally support what they are doing, but really wish that the companies would just give in to their demands already so all the things I watch can start being written again!

Planning to make something from the Rachel Allen cookbook tonight... possibly spicy Korean beef with lime and avocado rice...

No comments: